Saturday, September 28, 2013


One of my favorite places in the area, our little man made lake and park outside of town. My Father In Law named the park Birch Lake :) seems appropriate since there are Birch Trees all over the park area. Lots of people love to travel, I do too, down to the local lake :) Hubby always used to say (And I never really understood it at the time) "why would you want to travel any distance, you go 30 miles west and you hit the Rivers (Wisconsin and Mississippi) you go 30 miles East and you hit Madison, you go 30 miles north and you hit the Baraboo Bluffs, and you go 30 miles south and you hit the rolling hills of Green County" Now I understand, wish it hadn't taken me quite this long to figure it out. :)  I think it is a lesson worth learning :) 

One of my Online Quilty Girlfriends and I decided between the 2 of us we are going to do a Round Robin quilt each. FUN FUN FUN. I think I have my center figured out, it is a Quilt Retreat Challenge from a few years ago and I haven't done anything with it yet and I LOVE IT so I am thinking this is the time to get it done, can't show you a photo of it because we are going to surprise each other with the center block, but once she gets it I will definitely share a photo. Can[t wait to get started on it. 

Lots of projects and my new MOTTO~~~~~NO BUYING~~~~using up my stash, the only thing I will be buying is if I need something to go with what I am working on, it seems like even with all the fabric I have when I work on an ongoing project (UFO) I am always missing something, the perfect fabric, or interfacing, or embroidery floss, or the perfect color thread, and the list goes on and on, so hopefully not much buying going on. :) WISH ME LUCK!!! Right now I am working on my string blocks for a swap I am in, I have over 1/2 of them done, hoping to finish this week some time. Finished a journal for a Girlfriend who is helping me out with another project, have to get that in the mail to her this week also. Have oodles and oodles of awesome vintage sheets to do something with too. Also got some homespuns from a friend and contemplating what I am going to make with them. Any suggestions or ideas on the sheets and or the homespuns????? 


No comments:

Post a Comment