Monday, January 3, 2011

NEW YEAR, NEW START



2010 was a rough year for our family, we lost our Favorite Guy, my Husband, our Daughters Father, etc. he had lung cancer and couldn't fight any more, I always thought Roger would be here FOREVER, he was so stubborn and strong I never for one minute really thought we would lose him but we did, and it has been a long road to recovery and I am still on the journey but am POSITIVE THINGS WILL GET BETTER IN THE FUTURE. Everyone says it takes TIME, well that is something I have alot of now that I live in a 4 bedroom farm house, work full time but come home to an empty house every night. People keep asking me "Don't you want to move into town?" It wouldn't be any different in town, the house would still be empty, the only difference is I wouldn't be able to walk Dandy (our Rat Terrier) up the driveway and sob with my pajamas on in town. I wouldn't be able to walk out and see the sky and think Roger is up there taking care of me just like he always did. I walked out a couple of weeks ago and it was snowing (well it has been snowing for about a month now) but this particular night it was beautiful outside, and it reminded me of when our Girls were little and we would get out the sled and put  the Wooden Crate on the sled, get the Girls all dressed in their snow suits, hats, mittens, boots etc. load them into the crate, Lesley (The oldest in the back and Kelsey and Kendra in front of her) Roger would pull the sled and I would walk our dog, those nights were SOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!!! and as I was out there thinking about that a snowflake fell on my face and I am SURE IT WAS ROGER reminding me that I have to keep going and stay strong and that he only wants us to be happy.  I am slowly getting back to sewing, embroidering, applique etc. and I bought myself a new toy, something I have always wanted but never felt like I could afford it or had space for it, and I still can't afford it nor do I have space for it but this is an offer I couldn't turn down. I bought myself a 45" LaClerc Loom, from my Boss'es Wife, she wanted to buy a new loom (She has 3-4) and needed to sell one, she asked me if I was interested, I told her her looms were way out of my price range but she said " we can work something out" she has yet to tell me a price, but she offered to bring it over, set it up, show me how to work it, bring me all the tools I need and yarn to get me started. didn't think I would ever have an opportunity like this a gain so I said YES. Can't wait to get it. Then another wonderful thing happened, a quilty girlfriend of mine decided to rent a studio area and offered me a space for my loom in her studio. Well really I asked her if she had room but she said YES. So two good things so far this year, I have done a stitchery project that I finished and gave away for a Christmas present so here is a photo of it. Also took all Roger's jeans and shirts to the same girl that is renting the studio and she made the 3 Girls and I each a Rag Quilt, I found his patches from Viet Nam and she put 1 patch on each quilt along with a photo so I will include a photo of my quilt too. They were presents for the Girls for Christmas, I thought they must know I was having them made, but they were SURPRISED AND THRILLED, not a dry eye in the house when I passed out the quilts. :) So if I am missing in action it is probably because I am having a "Spell" or not feeling up to posting but I will try to be more regular about it from now on.

1 comment:

  1. Jeanne, I have not done much reading in the last few weeks and catching up on the blogs I follow today..... I am sorry to hear that you had such a sad year... good thoughts to you and all the best in your recovery this year....
    Hugz
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete